Monday, September 28, 2009

Empty Nest Vacation – Part 1 of Part 2

We drove down to St. George and spent the night. Then we headed out.
We drove through the beautiful Virgin River Gorge (AZ), but of course my photos just can’t do it justice.
100_3447 100_3448
After all that loveliness and beautiful rock formations, we were back in Nevada. . .
100_3450
We did find out that the rest stops in the southern part of the state . . . 8 - NICE rest stop
are very much nicer than any we’ve seen along the 80. (There were even a bunch of employeeS helping keeping it that way.) I guess that is where our tax dollars are going. (Correction - I have been informed that this rest area is so not in Nevada but in our neighboring state of California. That's what I get for napping!)
It was a hot day that was that much less pleasant by the lack of an air conditioner in our car. (Southern Nevada is not my favorite place. . . I thought I should let you in on that secret since I masked my opinion so well *cough cough*)
We arrived in Orange County. We headed to our old stomping grounds. We made a stop at the Newport Beach Pier
10 - Newport Pier 100_3458 100_3456 100_3459
Our stroll was followed by dinner at the restaurant where we had our very first dinner date.
9 - Our first dinner date
to be continued . . . .

No comments: