That was the name of Allie’s very last band performance in high school. It was also the name of one of the songs they performed.
I brought my own camera this time, but Allie also brought hers. She learned how to turn off the annoying beeping noise, but that doesn’t mean I know how to use it!
It is really tough to take photos during the concert. Not only is it dark in their with a dark backdrop, but the front rows were taken so heads were in the way. And Allie sits in the back row and is not as tall as others around her.
So Allie graciously agreed to let me snap a few shots beforehand:
and with her camera:
I also took a photo BEFORE the bands came out because it was going to be the best shot I could get. See for yourself:
And during the concert:
Thus, I have no other pictures from the concert that are worth sharing.
Allie was quite surprised to win this award:
The Rick Shields Memorial is awarded to a band member who plays on a high school sports team. Allie did not expect this because she had been cut from the soccer team and served as their manager. She did not play at all this year (which was heartbreaking to her.)
But she still gave of her time to go to as many soccer games as she could and kept stats and any other assignments the coaches gave her. She supported the team and cheered them on even though it was a hard thing to do.
After the concert, I caught a photo of her and two of the freshmen boys (who go to one of the middle schools thus a different uniform). It will be fun to hear them in the future. ![]()
1 comment:
Way to go Allie, congrats on another award!
You rock girl.
Post a Comment