Tuesday, April 7, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Maybe I'm not normal, but I think the best part of any vacation is coming HOME. It's nice to get away, but it's just not as nice as being home. Perhaps being gone helps you appreciate home a bit more!
When we are off on a driving trip, we hit certain landmarks on the way home that get us excited. We know that home is not too far off.
Today, this was my first landmark. . . our last rest stop. It's not the nicest (oh, the smell) but it means home is getting closer!

When we left the rest stop, I was excited and anticipating being home. So, of course, we hit some construction. We have NO idea what the construction was because we never saw any more than two guys in pickup trucks talking to each other. What can be worse than being stuck behind a semi with only one lane for traffic?

Next landmark is the first mention of Carson City on a road sign!

Changing highways is another :)

We are finally in Carson City!

From the first signal in the city to the last one!

Welcome to Carson Valley (even though it's blurring because we are driving past at highway speed.)

The last stop sign through a bug splattered windshield

To home! And found that our spring bulbs have survived the ice and snow that were on the ground when we left!


Truly, there is no place like home!

2 comments:

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

I'm glad you made it home safely. I'm excited to hear how the rest of your trip went.

nevadavans said...

We're glad you are home as well and hope you had a great trip!