Because Allie is leaving soon (too soon if you ask me), we decided to see if we could get tickets to General Conference since it fell at the beginning of spring break.
We managed to get our hands on three tickets to the Saturday morning session, so we were Conference Center bound!

It looked JUST like the above picture, except for lots and lots of people and the snow.
It was so wonderful to be in the presence of the prophet and other church leaders. Even though we were excited to be there, I managed to sleep during the session. I guess it was the long drive the day before, losing an hour and a lumpy hotel mattress. But I only missed part of one talk! But Paul tells me it was his favorite. (It will be the first one that I watch on-line!)
Paul had a ticket to the priesthood session, so Allie and I were left to our own devices. We headed to Deseret Book to pick up a few books I have been eyeing. We bypassed the line of all the ladies waiting outside the store lined up for Ladies Night. And who did we see inside the store?
We managed to get our hands on three tickets to the Saturday morning session, so we were Conference Center bound!

It looked JUST like the above picture, except for lots and lots of people and the snow.
It was so wonderful to be in the presence of the prophet and other church leaders. Even though we were excited to be there, I managed to sleep during the session. I guess it was the long drive the day before, losing an hour and a lumpy hotel mattress. But I only missed part of one talk! But Paul tells me it was his favorite. (It will be the first one that I watch on-line!)
Paul had a ticket to the priesthood session, so Allie and I were left to our own devices. We headed to Deseret Book to pick up a few books I have been eyeing. We bypassed the line of all the ladies waiting outside the store lined up for Ladies Night. And who did we see inside the store?

He was singing some songs and talking to people. So I snapped a photo of him while he wasn't looking.
Then we headed off to surprise Allie's friend who moved last fall BEFORE Allie could say good bye to her. It was so fun to do that. Her mom kept mum about our plans. (She is as cute and as fun as she looks, in case you were wondering.)
On Monday, we headed down to BYU so Allie could investigate. We figured it would be helpful to actually see the rooms before she selects her dorm.
First we went to Heritage Halls which are older but are located right on campus.

From there, we headed to Wyview Park. These dorms/apartments are not on campus though they are considered to be on campus housing. Go figure! They are much newer but require a bus ride or a 20 minute walk to get to campus.
First we went to Heritage Halls which are older but are located right on campus.

From there, we headed to Wyview Park. These dorms/apartments are not on campus though they are considered to be on campus housing. Go figure! They are much newer but require a bus ride or a 20 minute walk to get to campus.

Allie's fate will be decided before month end, but at least she has a vision of what she's getting herself into!
Another highlight of any trip (for us) is the eating out! We hit up some of our favorites that we don't have around here.
As nice as it was to be gone, it is even better to be home! (If only we felt like doing all the things we should be doing now that we are here.)




4 comments:
When you bring Allie back to school let us know and we'll meet up with you and Paul for dinner and a little red mango. Looks like a fun trip.
Did you tell Kirby hi for us? ;)Looks like it was a fun trip! What about Helaman Halls???
Might I recommend some housing options. Glenwood Apartments are nice as well as Raintree. I worked for the company that Manages the apartments. Also, the next time you come into town looks us up. We have room for you to stay if you would like.
Looks like you had a fun time or at least ate well!!!
Post a Comment