Saturday, January 19, 2013

Paul’s Turn

We had to get to the surgery center early for Paul’s surgery.  First they wanted insurance information and a down payment.
100_8301
I was told how I could stay updated on his surgery while I “patiently” waited in the waiting room.100_8302
They took us back and seated Paul in this chair and had him don the appropriate garb befitting surgery. 100_8303100_8304
He was then hooked up to an awesome blanket that blows in warm air.  (I might have been jealous, other than the surgery and stuff that hurts.)100_8305
He was given to obligatory IV.
100_8306
And I was sent packing.  And waited “patiently”.  The doctor came and spoke to me and said things went well.  I got to visit with him for a little bit before they sent him home.  I fetched the car and my man.100_8307
Tradition calls for milkshakes but Paul wanted Taco Bell too.  I’m pretty sure that wasn’t included as part of the post-op diet, but who am I to argue?
He was sent home with this nifty toy.  He was able to play with it while he was parked on the recliner!
100_8308
He was a pretty good patient this time!
100_8309
We were fortunate to be blessed with a meal and some goodies from some people in our ward family.
100_8310
Paul was supposed to take it easy and had a few days off from work.  However, the day after surgery the kitchen sink developed a leak.  He felt he had to be the one to fix it.  So he did.
100_8311
He figured if he felt good enough to fix a leak then he should probably go back to work.  So he did the next day.

No comments: