Friday, December 16, 2011

Ho Ho Ho, A Baking I Will Go!

You mention the word December and I think cookies.  Why is that?
I have this obsession that I need to bake LOTS of cookies every December.  It doesn’t matter how busy I am, I have an overwhelming desire to start baking.100_6807
100_6814
100_6839
100_6883
I have developed some strategies over the years. 
I go through all my cookie recipes and select the ones I “have” to make.  I make a list of all the ingredients so I will have them on hand.
Because there are only two of us here, I don’t want to make a big batch of baked cookies. . . they would not last long (other than on our hips).  Instead, I scoop out all the dough onto cookie sheets and bake only one batch.  The rest I put in the freezer to get it solid.  Then I put the dough balls into freezer bags for later use.
100_6816
It has worked out really well for me.  When I am ready to start baking (so we can GIVE away the cookies), I don’t have to mix all the dough.  I can just load up my cookie sheets and go to town.  (Not nearly as much dish washing!)
100_6913100_6914
100_6837
All that is left to do is package them up. 
100_6912
I’d write more, but I suddenly have this urge to go bake cookies. . . .

No comments: