I don’t know what got into me. . . I let her drive part of the way. Anyone who knows me would be shocked. Somehow I survived.
She felt she was deserving of a dinner out too. Lucky for her I was planning on going to the Spaghetti Factory any way
She usually rides her (borrowed) bike to and from school, but since I was around . . I picked them both up.
I miss being around college campuses. If only regular life felt like a college campus with all the room (while everyone is in class) and energy (when they aren’t)
I got to hang out with both Jennifer and Allie in Jen’s apartment. We went on a girl’s outing to the movies. (I love that they have dollar theaters and wish we had a good one here.)
Samuel joined in and we went to dinner (maybe it was the same place as the night before. . . but I don’t live around one)
I was able to add to my stash of church books (I LOVE clearance sales.)
Allie and I ran around a bit the next day. . .
I am not used to so much traffic (because we are very spoiled here and we know it.)
And I was able to take Jennifer to her job (as a cashier at a water park) before I took my leave.
The next day it was time to return to reality, so I packed up a cooler before my drive across a hot desert in a vehicle with NO air conditioner.
Once one of your children leaves, your heart is no longer in one piece. Part of it will ALWAYS be with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment