But this year, I tried to do MORE.
I was feeling a little batty . . . .
and decided it was time to try my hand at pumpkin carving. We hadn’t had a pumpkin grace our doorstep ever since all our pumpkins were smashed within less than an hour of placing them outside.
I have no memories of ME ever carving a pumpkin so it was time to create a new memory. Paul gets as excited about decorating as I do, so he was not overly thrilled with the prospect of pumpkin carving (someone had to help the kids all those years), so I was on my own.
I bought what I thought looked like a reasonable pumpkin
and a pumpkin carving kit complete with patterns. So I picked an easy one. . . it would be embarrassing to fail and have to buy ANOTHER pumpkin.
I “think” I followed the instructions in addition to taking a sufficient amount of pictures.
TaDa! I learned I could do it and that pumpkin guts are disgusting. Now I have to decide if I’m going to try a harder one next year, or stop while I’m ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment