And the fun began with picking Allie up from the airport! We stopped to hunt down some dressy winter shoes for her. . .
Fun as they were for her to try one, we didn’t pick those ones out. We left with a more understated pair.
We met up with Paul at Texas Roadhouse. (Allie had never been there before.)
How I’ve missed having her around.
I tried to get her to decorate the tree. . .
with no luck. It’s okay. . . I’ve still missed her.
We went shopping. . .
and she tried on clothes. . .
we went shopping for baby clothes, but she got distracted. . .
She played games. . .
and shared YouTube finds. .
and she even helped me grocery shop. . . it’s been a long time since I’ve had company.
As much *fun* as Allie may have been having, I’m sure she was tired of being the only “child” at home. But for me, it was the beginning of the BEST part. I absolutely love and adore my family. I miss my children but I know they are where they need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment