Friday, September 30, 2011

The Last Stop or So We Thought. . .

One of the things I really wanted to do was to go to the spot I remember from the first time I went to Yosemite (on a high school geology trip).  The view took my breath away!
It’s a bit tricky to get to from where we live.  Our point of entry is the wrong direction.  But returning from the redwoods provide the opportunity. 
I was ready!  I had my camera in hand.  Too bad I didn’t think of cleaning the windshield!
100_6417
100_6418100_6419
As soon as we through the tunnel I began snapping. 100_6420 My super intelligent hubby suggested we park.  Duh!  Not sure why I thought I could only take photos from the car as we were driving bySmile
100_6421100_6422




It’s one of those places that it so beautiful that you can’t help take great photos.  So I consented to having one of me taken (okay, by me) since I figured the focus would be on the background, right?
100_6423100_6426100_6427
An awesome view. . . it takes my breath away and is everything I remembered.
100_6429
We were not alone in our quest to take in one of Heavenly Father’s best efforts.
From there we headed out.  We had to go through the valley to get to the other side of the park and our way home.
The traffic was really backed up and we didn’t know why. . . so I, along with about a million other people (or the passengers of just about every car in front of us) jumped out to find out what was going on.
100_6433
100_6434
There was a helicopter taking off from the side of the road.. . . someone was stuck and it was getting late.  You can pick them out below, right?  (I couldn’t)
100_6435
By this point the road had opened back up, I had hopped in the car and we were on our way.  But that didn’t keep me from snapping photos!
100_6438100_6439
We don’t know what happened or what the end result was.  We presume the rescue was a success.  There was no news to be found of the incident.  I guess it’s not out of the norm.
We headed for home after gassing up.  We were so pooped that our dinner consisted of gas station snack food!
We had a such great time on our adventure.  What could be better than spending the day with your best-est friend in the world?  

No comments: