Monday, September 5, 2011

Winnemucca Lake

It was Labor Day and the weather was GREAT so we decided to go on a hike.  I had heard from lots of people that there was an awesome hike not too far away, so off we went.
We were happy that our turn off wasn’t too much farther. . .
100_6144
Paul checked out his map to see which way we were going to go. . .
100_6145
Kit Carson Pass Marker
100_6146
The map at the beginning of the trail . .
100_6147
It was so pretty.  We are so lucky to live close to all this. . .
100_6148100_6149100_6150100_6151100_6152
I *saw* object lessons all over the place (just think of the things that you could teach with the picture below) while Paul saw birds. 
100_6153
100_6154
Frog Lake . . .
100_6155100_6156




Caples Lake in the distance . . .
100_6157
100_6158
100_6159100_6160
100_6162
Even though it was September, we found snow!
100_6165
100_6166
Another object lesson, if you ask me. . .
100_6167100_6168




More snow ahead. . 
100_6169
100_6171
We made it!
100_6172100_6174
It was so beautiful . . 
100_6176100_6177
100_6178100_6179100_6180100_6181100_6182100_6183
We made it!  I hadn’t realized how dusty the trail was until we got home.  Check out my shoes!
100_6185
After I cleaned one of my shoes. . .
100_6187100_6188
It was a great day.  It was so nice to get out of the house and see some of what Heavenly Father created.  We are so fortunate to live so close to places like this!

No comments: