Saturday, October 9, 2010

Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Fort Knox

We went sightseeing with a family that David really enjoyed.  We went to an observatory tower and a fort (which were right next to each other.)
100_4148
That skinny thing in the distance is the bridge observatory.
100_4149
This was the fun family we went with.  It was awesome to watch David interact with their boys. 
100_4151
I decided to go for it and try valiantly not to let the height bother me.  My plan was to stand as far away from the windows.
100_4160
I tried stepping closer and point my camera down.  Just looking at the photo makes my heart race and I can feel the fear creeping in!
100_4154
But I did it!  I was grateful to see the beautiful landscape.
Next we headed over to the fort.  David was messing around outside.. . .
100_4166
There was a small town across the bay called Bucksport that really caught my eye.  It was just as I imagined all small towns in Northern New England must look like!
100_4167
This was the outside of the fort as we were heading to the entrance.
100_4171
David facing down into a canon.
100_4175
There was a reenactment of a canon being shot that was pretty fascinating.  The fellow below was narrating and telling the others what to do. . .
100_4179
100_4178
100_4181
I tried to take of picture when they shot it off, but I JuMpEd and this is the shot I ended up with.  I thought it was pretty funny.100_4182
The inside of the fort was pretty cool.  I can’t imagine how cold it must have been during the winter months.
100_4185
There’s Bucksport!
100_4183
It was a fun sight seeing adventure.

No comments: