Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just when you think things are calming down. . .

The day after we arrived home from our adventure to Canada, we got a phone call that made us very uncomfortable. . . some of us more than others.
The stake presidency wanted to meet with us the following Sunday.  That could NOT be a good thing.
Late that afternoon, Paul was extended a calling as bishop of our ward.  He was excited; I was distraught.  I knew that I would have to give up my calling as Relief Society president.  I felt like I had not accomplished the things I was supposed to while serving in that position. 
As week went by, Heavenly Father answered my prayers and helped me understand that it is His will and not mine that is important.  Paul is the one who is supposed to serve in this capacity at this time.
He was sustained and set apart on August 3, 2010.
100_3956
We wonder how much he will change by the time he is released. .  how much grey hair, or how little hair might remain . . . will he still look like the stake president-proclaimed baby-faced bishop?

No comments: