Friday, March 12, 2010

DanceSport!

Jennifer loves to dance.  She takes a dance class (or two or three) every semester and competes in DanceSport.  But I had never seen her dance. (Church dances don’t count!)
Since our nest was empty, I seized the opportunity and headed out to Utah to watch her dance.
100_3703
I had no idea the magnitude of the event.  DanceSport takes place in the Marriott Center which is HUGE.  The place was inundated with high schoolers all decked out in fancy (and matching) dance outfits.  This was serious business!
The organization was phenomenal.  Everyone was well informed as to where they needed to be.  One group would dance and as soon as they were done, the floor was flooded with the next group.
It was pretty amusing to watch the strategies to get noticed and the mad dashes to begin and end in an optimal position (in front of a judge.)
Finally it was show time for Jennifer and her partner. They wore black with an orange accent (tie and hair accessory.)  She was entered in three different events and had two different partners over the course of two consecutive days.
100_3706Can you find them?  (I can!)





100_3707
100_3708
I am no expert and didn’t know what I was supposed to be looking for.  All I know is that I thought my girl did well and I was proud of her.  (She on the other hand, felt very rusty after having 18 months off and the judges agreed.)
I’m glad I made the trip Smile

No comments: