Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hats off to You

My goodness, I have taken a rather long break from blogging and really need to get back on the ball.
WARNING . . . this post is not about any of our children.  We have had to find a life that is not governed by our children’s needs!
Way back in December (yes, of last year), we had a Relief Society activity in which we had a goal to make 90 fleece hats in 90 minutes!  We were donating the hats to the cancer center, for those who had lost their hair and got awfully cold.
This activity (no thanks to me) was well organized!  We wanted a lot of sisters to each do a little bit to reach our big goal. Check out these photos to the amazingness of those who planned the activity!
100_3534
100_3535
100_3536
100_3537
(That’s my sewing machine in the middle!)
100_3538
100_3539
100_3540
100_3541
100_3544
Only some of the hats. . . and this (below) is what the finished product looks like!
100_3514
While we didn’t quite make 90 hats in 90 minutes, we did end up making MORE than 100 with some ladies finishing up some at home.  It was fun to join together to accomplish more than one could do on their own.  It was a fun night!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Claudia, wow, what an amazing project! Your RS did such a great job!
Thanks for following my blog!
I have really enjoyed getting to know your son. Elder Bowen is an amazing missionary and I am so thankful that he helped get my son in law baptized! I have 2 sons that haven't gone on missions and a son that is 14. I am hoping that he will be a missionary as amazing as your son. I even asked Elder Bowen for some tips to get my son on the missionary track and he gave me some good ideas. Thank you for raising such a great son, he has brought so much to my daughter's family!
I'm following your blog!