Call me silly, but I don’t really understand what goes on in this game that involves all the honor English and AP English classes at the high school.
Allie was in the group that picked Indiana Jones as their group name (or something like that.) I can’t remember but I think they watched the movie and learned about archetypes. But I could be wrong!
The three seniors all dressed up appropriately:
Meet Indiana Jones, his dad and Hitler (representing the Nazis, I think.) Indy spent a lot of time making a very impressive bull whip out of duct tape. What a great prop!
There were six groups. The seniors held a lottery and selected underclass people to be on their team.
They sent instructions to their teammates on what they should dress up as and what snack food they should bring.
The students all wrote questions . . . presumably about their chosen group and other things they learned about over the course of the year in their classes.
This was the game board which looks a lot like a regular trivial pursuit board. Each team brought a game piece, but the status of their pie pieces was updated on a poster board. Allie’s group used “the Holy Grail” as their lucky game piece. They had to answer questions correctly to earn a piece of pie.
I’m not sure when the feasting goes on, but I do know Allie’s group enjoyed Cheese Whiz on crackers and Rice Krispie Treats. (yum?)
But the highlight of their day was that they WON!
The celebration ensued (with Martinelli’s, of course!) ![]()
Maybe if I had actually been there, I could have told you better what went on. But I wasn’t, so you will have to settle for my really bad description.
Nonetheless, we are VERY proud of Allie and were quite excited to hear all about it (even if we didn’t really understand!)
No comments:
Post a Comment