Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thinking about adopting a cat?

When the kids were younger, they wore us down one year and they each became a pet owner. They each wanted a different kind.

Jennifer had been a previous cat owner, but we believe that poor Tiger was dinner for the coyotes. So it was time to replace her beloved pet.

A friend's cat had kittens, so we adopted a fine looking young female, already named Oreo.

Adorable!
who could resist a kitten such as this?
We later found out from the vet that Oreo was NOT a female. (Lesson learned here . . . never trust an 11 year old girl who swears she knows these kind of things!)
Oreo could be found everywhere

with the movies or in a box

near the fish bowl or in the CLEAN laundry
Oreo also LOVES to be up high

Jennifer claims that she picked the BEST pet of all. She loves Oreo. She had to leave him behind when she left for college and then a mission. So we get to enjoy Oreo.
Or do we enjoy the cat???
Here's my couch


And the blinds . . . .



What does Oreo think of this? I hunted the critter down and this was the opinion I was given:

Oreo napping on top of my pantry - I don't think he cares.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh man, Claudia, I can't decide which emotion takes top billing when I read about Oreo: humor or horrification. You poor thing!

Any thoughts about getting rid of the cat and fibbing to your dd about it?