Not much.
I bought, wrapped, packaged and sent two boxes to two missionaries. I admit, one of them was not done until today. (Hope it makes it there in time!)
Paul, however, is on the ball. He put up the lights before Thanksgiving. And he completed the job with no help this year (since most of his helpers aren't around at the moment.)
(and wintry weather is on the way.)
I decided that I should probably do something to liven up the house. So I pulled out the Christmas decor . . .but for some reason, I just don't feel like putting most of it out. The theme this year seems to be simplify.
Here are most of most decorations:
Notice the cool handwriting. . . not mine, but the painting is!


We need to have Santa and some reindeer.
Allie insisted on having a Christmas Countdown. (I have three of them, but this was the one she wanted over all the others!) Allie got to put 12 on all in one day! She was a bit annoyed to find the velcro off one of the ornaments, but that is easily fixed . . . just not today.

A couple of plaques for the walls.
But the more important part of Christmas is the spiritual side that is sadly overlooked by many.
Anyone who knows me very well, knows that I love nativities. I have a collection of them but not enough room to put them all out.



I wish I had room for all of them. It's so hard to choose! These are the lucky ones this year.
So it looks like we are almost ready for Christmas in our house!
Fooled ya!
We bought an artifical tree last year and it's still in the garage. But this is the spot where it will go (when we get around to it.)

And there is still some buying and lots of wrapping to be done.

And there is still some buying and lots of wrapping to be done.
And the Christmas cards.
And the Christmas baking.



No comments:
Post a Comment