Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Quest

Friday afternoons can be pretty exciting around here! What, you ask, makes them this way?
It's all in the MAIL!
I head down the street, turn the corner and cross the street to avoid the scary neighborhood dog who likes to growl. I pass the house with the ice cream truck and follow the bend in the road. I cross the street and can spy the MAILBOX! I am almost there.
I pull out my trusty mailbox key and hope the letter carrier has come and gone. I put the key in the lock . . .


and check to see what has come our way!

Not much today. One bill and two advertisements. Nothing to bring excitement and joy to my life. *sniff sniff*
What was I hoping for? On Fridays (sometimes on Thursdays or perhaps on Saturdays), we get Mail from our Missionary (who has to handwrite all his letters so far.)
Here is a sampling of my collection in the two months he has been gone:

What comes in these envelopes?
Once in a while, we get a photo or two. David writes a page or two. He answers questions we have sent his way. . . though we don't always remember what the questions were! He tells us what he is busy doing. We get to hear how he is growing and changing. We hear about his challenges and the things he is overcoming. And when we read the letters, we think about him and talk about him and pray for him. He brings a good spirit into our home. We LOVE hearing from him.
I hope his letter comes tomorrow!

edited a week later. . .
STILL no letter.

No comments: